Summer activities in the Lechtal valley
Biking - E-Bike - Cycling - 1 day bicycles for rent for free
Enjoy the magnificent Lech valley natural landscapes on a bicycle tour with our new E-Bikes. You will get precious bike tips and get to see the most beautiful spots of the Lech valley on your bike. On request we can arrange "tasting trips" or a full day tour. In our own bicycle rental business we can provide you with all of the necessary equipment.
Nordic - Walking
Enjoy the fantastic nature by Nordic-Walking:
- it's a new sport for everybody, if young or old
- is very effective, healthy and perfect for calorie- and fat burning
- is the perfect whole- body workout
- activates 90% of all muscles, burns 40% more calories than walking or running at the same speed
- relieves joints, very important when one already has a knee, hip or back disorder
- improves heart-circulation, muscular strength, flexibility and body awareness
- dissolves tension and problems in the neck or spinal and back disorders
- is not only an ideal exercise for health- and fitness orientated people, but is very well suited as preparation and supplementary training for competitive sportsmen
- is a season and weather-independent training form
The Lech valley Suspension bridge
Since the end of October 2011 the longest suspension bridge built in Austria. The bridge is near the famous Simms waterfall and spans the Höhenbach canyon at a height of 110 meters. The 200 meter long bridge is illuminated at night, which you can see from the center of Holzgau. The 120km long "Lechweg", which begins at the spring of the Lech River into the Lechfall close to Füssen, leads you over the bridge. You can reach the bridge by walking the round way from Gföll to Schiggen. Duration estimated 1 - 2 hours.
It's a Suspension bridge which spans the wild romantic Höhenbach canyon. It is the highest, longest and most spectacular foot suspension bridge in Austria.
Hiking - Climbing
Take action and have a hike in the most beautiful side-valleys of the Lech valley or up to one of the numerous mountain pastures or Alpine Club huts. Starting with an easy walking tour up to a fixed rope route, you can find what your heart desires. There is seldom a region with such wide and diversified hiking choices.